Terms & Conditions
1. Your use of The Reading Glasses Company website and the services provided by The Reading Glasses Company is subject to these terms and conditions.
2. Your statutory and legal consumer rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Contracts and agreements formed as a result of purchasing from the The Reading Glasses Company website, and any resultant disputes, shall be governed by English law.
3. We have made every effort to provide accurate information through the website, however we reserve the right to make slight alterations in product specification without notice. Representation of colours may vary depending on the type of screen or monitor used.
4. These terms and conditions are subject to change over time.
5. Payment for our products and services will be in Pounds Sterling.
6. No binding contract is entered into until we have accepted your order and sent confirmation via email.
7. Once accepted, a placed order constitutes a binding contract under these terms and conditions.
8. The lenses in the glasses we sell are not prescription lenses. By submitting your order you confirm that you have taken appropriate advice from your doctor and/or optician with regards to your eyesight and that non-prescription glasses are appropriate for your visual condition.
9. Before use, you must verify that items we supply are correct and as ordered by you. We accept no liability for injury or damage to eyes due to an incorrect order placed by you.
10. You should have your eyes examined regularly by an optometrist or ophthalmologist.
11. Our glasses are not for use by children under the age of 16 years.
12. The eye chart provided on our website is an approximate guide to diopter strength and not a substitute for an eye test performed by a qualified practitioner.
13. We will make every effort to ensure we have stock of any product featured on the website. However we cannot be held responsible for supply errors or other circumstances beyond our control. Should an item ordered be out of stock we will firstly offer a suitable alternative. If an alternative cannot be found or if we cannot contact the customer, the order will be cancelled and any moneys received will be refunded.
14. We aim to despatch all items within 1 working day of full payment being received. UK orders are usually sent by Royal Mail 2nd Class post and should arrive within two to three working days. International orders will be sent by airmail and may take longer. Sometimes delays may occur that are out of our control. Ownership will not be transferred until delivery has been made.
15. The Reading Glasses Company is not responsible for any customs tax or import duty that may be added when items we despatch arrive in your country. It is your responsibility to pay these fees.
16. Under UK law customers' have a 7 day cooling-off period (from date of transaction) during which goods can be returned for a full refund.
17. In the unlikely event that one of our products proves to be faulty, customers have 14 days from date of delivery to return products for a refund. Items are returned at a customers own risk and we recommend proof of posting is obtained. Please contact The Reading Glasses Company before returning any goods. Details of how to contact us are here.
18. All orders are processed through a secure Romancart shopping cart that employs EV (Extended Verification) technology. Payment is processed securely through either Sage Pay or Paypal. The Reading Glasses Company does not have access to your credit or debit card details.
19. The Reading Glasses Company uses the personal information you provide (name, address, telephone no.) to complete your order. These details will not be handled by or passed to any other parties except those necessary to complete your order.
20. Occasionally we may use the details you provide to inform you of news or promotions that we feel may be of interest. If you would prefer to not receive such communication from The Reading Glasses Company, please uncheck the appropriate box on the checkout page when you place your order. You may also contact us at any time to request that we stop such communication.
21. Cookies are small text files and are primarily used by this site to provide essential functionalilty (e.g. to 'remember' the items in your basket whilst you are shopping). Your use of The Reading Glasses Company website constitutes acceptance that cookies may be written to your computer or other browsing device (e.g. mobile phone).
23. We allow our third-party providers to collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org.
24. Personally identifiable data will only be stored following your express opt-in consent.
25. Cookies may be disabled or removed at any time using the controls in most web browsers. Please note that disabling or removing cookies may seriously impair or prohibit functionality on this and other websites.